Tuesday, August 19, 2008

how my lakeside weekend goals worked out

Let's see, I slept in both days, pitched in on cooking and cleaning up the campsite, but I didn't spend much time in the sun. Between cooking, cleaning up, packing up to get to the river, drifting down the river in the rain, getting back to camp, attempting a hot shower (which started out lukewarm and went downhill from there) and making dinner, there was not much time for sitting in the sun. I did, however make a conscious effort to relax and enjoy the leisurely pace of floating on the river. Making the best of it even through the rain.
I was good and did not do any journaling, job searching, crafting, business prospecting, spending, or reading.
I had to do some quick mending on the straps of my hubby's Teva's (beach sandals) so he could wear them in the river, but I'm not going to beat myself up about that!
I didn't do any menu planning until we were about an hour from home on the drive back.
Before we left Friday night, I did put some feelers out to a few people that I think might be interested in and/or good at taking over the two ministries I'm currently leading or coordinating. And while we were driving, I bounced ideas off my hubby about realistic lifestyle changes and some of the things that I've been thinking and writing about.

All in all, I think I struck a good balance this weekend of not dropping the ball on some things and not being so obsessed about everything else that it interrupted my "down time."

It was good. Very very good.

No comments: