Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Goals at Work

I'm not proud of this, but I've fallen behind at work. Again. Could you see it coming? Blogging a few times a day, complaining about not liking my job...right.
So last night before I left work, I put together a priority list for catching up this week. This morning I got a bit of a rude awakening. I forgot it was billing week (for past due accounts.) Oi.
I took a deep breath (20 minutes ago), and re-structured my catch-up schedule, and decided a little accountability was necessary.
This may even be contradictory since I'm spending time I should be (let's see, what time is it?) processing patient billing right now, but I thought I'd log on again real quick to get this posted so I could perhaps guilt myself into better performance at work!! LOL

(in order of priority)
Catch up on non-cash postings
Finish aging
Catch up on appeals
Catch up on filing

Wednesday, August 13, 2008:
Print pt billing list,
10-12 Process Pt billing
12-1 Enter new checks & Log all new non-cash postings
1-2 Complete write offs
2-2:30 (Break) grocery shop for weekend food and fresh corn & cream of celery soup for tonight’s chicken noodle caserole
2:30-5 Finish logging all old non-cash postings
5-5:30 Check aging to see what aging claims are now covered
5:30-6 lookup and list phone numbers on aging where calls need to be made
***

Thursday, August 14, 2008
(***Whatever isn’t done last night, come in early to do today)
Address Aging
Enter checks
Log all new non-cash postings
Continue aging list

Friday, August 15, 2008
Continue working on the aging list
Enter checks
Log all new non-cash postings
Check follow-up list for any additional claims to be addressed
Check appeal list for any that have been resolved
Work on remaining appeals

Monday, August 18, 2008
Finish Appeals
Enter new checks
Log all new non-cash postings and process new appeals
File old RA’s

Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Enter new checks
Log all new non-cash postings and process new appeals
Double check aging and follow up lists

Wednesday, August 20, 2008
File old RA’s and old eob’s

No comments: