Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Among other things,

I want to find ways of MAKING more money. I don't want to get a part time evening and weekends job, because I don't deal with stress well and I don't deal with not having down time well and that just negates that, doesn't it? LOL

So I've been kicking around the idea of making up some baby stuff for fall craft fairs and such, but I don't want to be limiting myself to craft fairs, much less spending an entire day in a crowded, noisy gymnasium with half a million crazy-stressed women. Sorry, just not my bag.

I've also been kicking around the idea of starting an Etsy shop. That Really Scares Me. (TRaSeMe - like trace me) But I think I'm going to do it! I'm going to make up some items between now and the end of August, see if some of my more objective friends think they're good enough, and start an Etsy Shop if it's a go.

The only other thing that holds me back is that I'm terrible at customer service. I could say "I'll have to work on that," but I think I recall saying that before! (And it didn't happen!)

Well, I have until the end of August to mull it over (and pray about it.)

So, as for a goal, I'd like to have made one each of the following by the end of the month:
-Burp Cloth
-Bib
-Baby Blanket
-Blanket Square (corresponding to blanket)
-Purse
-Clutch
-Cooling Eye Mask
-Beaded lace necklace
I already have the bib partially made, the burp cloth in my mind, I have the plans for the blanket and square that I made previously so just need to duplicate, I made the eye masks years ago (but gave them all away so will just need to duplicate) and have started the beaded necklace. I also have the pattern for the purse and clutch I've been meaning to make for myself for two years, as well as the materials. YeHe! I'm so excited!

No comments: